Our tours and photography workshops provide amazing photographic opportunities! All skill levels are welcome. We would love to introduce you and your party to the incredible beauty that Costa Rica and Latin America have to offer. You’ll experience an outstanding photo tour, where you’ll combine your passion for photography with all the natural marvels the area has to offer. You’ll enjoy brilliant birds, colorful flowers, and beautiful tropical landscapes.
Bird, wildlife, and photography workshops are either formal or informal depending on the group, with times being carefully selected to allow guests to sufficient time to rest and relax. Topics will focus on the needs and interests of the group.
Our focus is small group tours, with an ideal group size of 6 participants. Pricing is based on 6 persons double-occupancy, and is adjusted accordingly for larger or smaller groups. Single room supplements are available. Custom and private photo tours can be arranged, please contact us for more details.
Born and raised in the countryside near San José, Costa Rica, Juan Carlos grew up surrounded by all sorts of nature and wildlife. This proved to be the perfect environment as he became very interested in the abundance of local nature. Being immersed in a tropical country helped him develop a special love for birds which in turn made him switch from a promising career as an architect to a bird watching tour guide in 1994. It wasn’t until 2006 that he first picked up a digital SLR camera and fell in love with photography. Since then, he has never stopped taking dramatic pictures of birds in their natural habitats. He now leads photography workshops and birding tours in Costa Rica and Latin America.
More about Juan Carlos
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Personable, attentive, punctual, reliable
- Technical and artistic expertise in digital photography
- Enthusiastic instructor, tailors his teaching to your needs
- Knowledgeable – flora and fauna, natural history, geography and local culture
- Expert in bird identification – knows species on sight and mimics their calls
- Certified guide – has undergone initial and renewal licensing which includes intensive training in history, biology, ornithology, botany, eco-systems, high-level First Aid